The Only Flame In Town

Great news! Elvis Costello (with the Imposters) is coming back to Omaha! He will be opening for The Police on May 14 at the Qwest Center. I went to see Costello last October and he was beyond awesome. He is one of my favorite musicians/composers of all time. When he came, he didn't have a band accompanying him like he will this time with the Imposters. It was all just voice and guitar which made it alot more intimate and personal. He came along with Bob Dylan and Amos Lee. Bob Dylan is another one of my favorite artists of all time but he's had better days than the one I saw him on. You could hardly understand a word that Bob was singing, it was all grumbling. All of the songs he played were unrecognizable. I'm not saying it wasn't good, but it definitely wasn't great. Though being able to see Bob in front of me with my very own eyes was quite the experience.

Back to the Costello/Police concert, I really would like to go but if the ticket prices are too high, I'll pass on it. I'd rather not pay a hundred dollars or more to see one artist/group. I like the Police but I don't love them. I enjoyed their first album alot but anything after that, I'm not a huge fan. Also, I haven't heard too many good things about their performances in recent years so that doesn't help. I will need to make up my mind about this soon though as tickets to these type of events sell out pretty quick.

Writing about this got me to thinking about what artists/bands I would pay alot of money to see if they were coming nearby. One would definitely be Wilco. I saw them last October at the Orpheum and it was the greatest live concert I have ever been to. They are by far the best live band out there in my opinion. Here's a question for anyone reading this... if you were to pay a hundred or more dollars to see any active artist/group play live, who would it be and why? Feel free to leave your answers on the Comments section of this blog.


Download: "The Only Flame In Town"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome that Costello is back in your home city. I can't think of many bands I'd pay a lot of money for.. Maybe Paul Mccartney, even if his glory days are long gone, it looks like he still puts on a damn great show. I would have also paid a lot of money to see Syd Barrett, if he had ever gotten back to playing music again.

2/24/2008 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home